Facing Orbi Purple Light Issue? Here’s What to Do!
LED lights present on Orbi WiFi routers are not for decorative purposes. Various colors flashed by them symbolize something. If your Orbi router is flashing solid white or green color, it means everything is in place. However, if you see the color purple on your router’s LED, it signifies that the Orbi is seeking some attention irrespective of the fact that purple is a color of luxury and royalty. Because here, the Orbi purple light suggests that your router has been affected by an issue. It means your luxury of accessing a blazing-fast internet connection is getting affected directly or indirectly. Before it brings Orbi router login issues to your table, fix it as soon as possible.
Given in this post are the topmost reasons and troubleshooting hacks that can help you prevent your Netgear Orbi from flashing purple any further. Read on.
Causes: Netgear Orbi Purple Light Issue
- The primary reason forcing your Orbi to flash purple might be an internet issue. Chances are that your ISP is not true to his duty or he/she might be performing some maintenance from the back end.
- You might find yourself in combat with the Orbi purple light issue if your router has lost sync with the satellite. In other words, there’s improper or no communication between them.
- Some system diagnosing processes with the WiFi router can also lead you to the problem you’re facing. In this case, it is the router that is trying to detect problems and display the color purple.
- A damaged Ethernet cable can also result in the flashing of the purple light on the Netgear Orbi router. Additionally, the issue is also expected when the cable is connected improperly to your WiFi devices (router and modem).
- If there are long hours of inactivity (idle WiFi network), then it can also be a possible reason why you are experiencing the purple light problem with your Orbi router. It is because technical glitches might have succeeded over the router’s ability to perform well.
- You can also witness the purple light on your Orbi if your router’s firmware has become outdated or corrupted.
So, these were the potential causes that result in the flashing of the purple color on the Orbi mesh router. It is time that you roll up your sleeves and get the issue troubleshot. However, we would like to inform you that our experts are always available for help in case you need personal assistance with the troubleshooting process.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Purple Light Issue
- Firstly, get in touch with your Internet Service Provider to ensure if there’s some internet issue from his end. If he says yes, then you need to show some patience till he gets the issue resolved.
- If there’s nothing wrong from your ISP’s side, then look forward to pressing the button labeled “Sync” on your Orbi devices (router and satellite). It will sync both devices. Thereafter, see if the Orbi purple light issue exists. If your devices are properly synced, then give some time to your router so that it can diagnose the problem and show the happy colors (here, solid white and green).
- Get yourself a new Ethernet cable and employ it to connect your WiFi devices. Remember that the connection should not be loose. Additionally, ensure that the cable has been plugged into the correct ports.
- If all of the aforementioned tips have proven ineffective, consider rebooting your Orbi WiFi router. For this, you need to unplug it and wait for some time. After that, connect it back to the power socket to check if the Orbi purple light issue is still irritating you.
- Get the firmware of your Netgear Orbi updated. It will help your router to run smoothly. In addition, it will also improve the security of the home WiFi network with the latest security patches thereby keeping WiFi bandits at a bay. To go the extra mile, consider changing the Orbi WiFi password.
Resolving the Netgear Orbi purple light issue is not a big deal if you’re familiar with the reasons causing it. It will help you implement the right troubleshooting hack. We are anticipating that your Orbi is no more flashing the color purple. On the off chance, it is, recall what we said at the beginning of the troubleshooting process. So, what are you waiting for? Contact our experts to get the issue resolved like it never existed.